Saturday, January 17, 2009

Behavior Plans & Contracts : Have you tried one? Results?

Calling All Parents, Teachers, & Professionals:

I need your help! I frequently encourage my client families to implement behavior plans to reinforce desired behaviors. Whether it's remembering to bring home assignment logs or remembering to wear glasses in class or getting out the door on time or getting homework done without whining; a good behavior plan developed by student and parent can make a HUGE difference.

While I have a professional / academic understanding of developing & implementing behavior plans / contracts, my most important resource has always been feedback from real-life parents who are actually going through this process.

Now, I have been asked to give a presention on Behavior Plans / Contracts, and I want to get feedback from parents who have tried this technique. So, if you have tried using a behavior plan / contract with your child (ren) , please comment below to let me know all about it : )

Specifically, I would love to know:

  • age of child (ren)
  • GOALS of your plan / contract
  • IMPLEMENTATION tips -- what worked & what didn't
  • RESULTS -- were you able to increase the desired behaviors / decrease undesirable behaviors
  • RESOURCES -- how did you develop your plan / contract? People, Books, Websites, etc.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with other parents, teachers, and professionals working w/ children!

1 comment:

rebecca said...

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Behavior Plans. Ugh. I was a Sp. Ed. teacher in my former life (pre-baby) and I know these all too well. I do not miss them.